I learned about the idea for Homeschool Distinctives from the blog Raising Olives here. At the time I ran across the post I was struggling with being overwhelmed with homeschool, homemaking and homesteading. The idea of homeschool distinctives seem to hold the possible solution to my dilemma of balancing 0-1 year old twins (at the time) with 3 school age children.
One big issue we were having was bouncing around from curriculum to curriculum. I loved Charlotte Mason but it was too labor intensive for our growing family. Homeschool Distinctives gave me an opportunity to give our homeschool the focus it lacked.
So here are our distinctives:
- Christ focused curriculum.
- Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
- A prudent man seeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished. Proverbs 22:13 Darby Translation
- "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."John 13:35
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, Matthew 28:1
8. Volunteering simply stated our time is the Lords and if he needs us we will be there regardless of what the schedule says.
- "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
We are participating in the following ....