All the students participate in the family gathering for at least a portion of the time.
- Truth & Grace Baptist Scripture, Catechism & Hymns
- Grammar Recitation
- Spelling Cards
- Institute for Excellence in Education Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization
- Mystery of History Volume II
- God's Design for Science Heaven and Earth
- Saxon 7/6
- Extra Math Drill
- Hey Andrew Teach Me Some Greek
- Classically Cursive Book 3
- Spelling City
- Building Thinking Skills 1 & 2 (both on CD)
- IEW SWI-A & Medieval Based Writing Lesson integrated
- Pearables Home Economics 2
- Extra Curriculuar: Choir & Orchestra, Soccer, Piano Lessons, Birght Lights,HEAF Co-op
Math Christian Light Math 3
IEW-SWI A & Medieval based writing lessons
Pearables Home Economics 1
- Extra Curricular: Choir & Orchestra, Soccer, Piano Lessons, Bright Lights, HEAF Co-op
- Due to her autism she is on more of a Special Education track. We use ACE because it provides excellent academics and it is ALWAYS the same there are no surprises. The predictable nature of this curriculum works well for our Curl.
- Grade 7
- ACE Math
- Xtra Math Drill
- ACE Word Building
- ACE English
- Christian Light Education Home Economics
- Extra Curricluar: Piano Lessons, Bright Lights,HEAF Co-op
The Twins are in Pre-Knowledge stage...
- Montessori Style Educational Stations
- Kumon Skills Workbooks
- Hubbards Cupboard
- Read Alouds Year 0
- They also do IEW's Poetry Memorization and Truth & Grace during the Family Gathering at a much slower pace then the bigs and they really enjoy it.
- Extra Curricular: HEAF Co-op and attending their sisters activities.
An Aspiring Week...
|Confederate Battle Grounds|
At the beginning of this week we were on vacation at our friends Lake House. This time we decided to explore the history surrounding the area. And we journeyed to Fort Parker and to the Confederate Battlegrounds. These were very interesting trips and I'll do a field trip post on them later.
Mother/Teacher at work
I worked on their assignment sheets. Every year I make them assignment sheets so they are able to complete their independent work, independently. As they get older they become able to manage their school work with very little direction from me. Our first kiddo to hit this stage was Bullet at the end of 3rd grade.
|The confederate Battle Grounds|
At the end of the week it was my turn to watch my friends kiddos and as usually it was like have 4 free hours to complete chores while the kids happily played outside with their friends.
|Old Fort Parker|
We have begun to work on the character quality of dilligence with our children. Sadly, we have neglected this and now as our family is growing our ragged edges are waving in the wind. I have a desire not to impress folks with nice and neat edges but to be faithful to the Lord as we train our children in the fear and admonition of Him. This training will most likely take the better part of the year due to our failure to catch it earlier.
Well, I hope you are having a wonderful and productive school work seeking to please the great I AM!