Monday, September 16, 2013

Trim Healthy Mama Menu Plan

Something Yummy...

This weeks super tasty find was Chicken Bombs, for my husband who likes it hot,hot, hot!
from the Blog Dishing with Leslie!
Yes, this mess is on my diet! Hooray! These were very very good! I did not make any changes to her recipe but the next time I make them in an oven I will crisp my bacon first. Other then that they lived up to there name because they were the bomb! 

Here's the ingredients

5 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
5 jalapeƱo peppers
20 strips of bacon
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated colby jack or cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)

Since I am not the creator of this yumminess it's only fair that you head over to Dishing with Leslies! for the Directions after all she did the hard work of making this bit of tastiness!

Counting the cost
$4 chicken (skinless boneless breast from Sam's Club)
.50 Jalapenos 
$2.89 John Morrell Bacon
.62 1/2 a thing of cream cheese
$1 for cheese
.25 Paula Deen Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
Total Cost $9.26  for the main my potatoes were free and we ate 1/3 of Sam's Baby Greens which cost $1.44 total cost of feeding my family  of 7 dinner was $10.70. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get 7 orders of bacon wrapped chicken for 7 for less then $10.70 ...Yeah! Still this is .70 over my $10 maximum meal cost excluding birthdays and special occasions. 

Although I served it to the family with oven baked french fries and salad, I did not partake in the white potato french fries but my high metabolism kiddos loved them. I did enjoy my salad with homemade Italian dressing it was super yummy. 

Our Trim Healthy 2 week meal plan for the week

(Bold items are for the high metabolism kids!)
Friday Lime Chicken Tacos, refritos & Mexican Rice (E or S or FP...go here for how)
Saturday: Pizza (from Pearables Homemaking Curriculum made by my lovel daughter) - OFF PLAN I ate a whole piece of saucy pizza and was going to pick the tops off of a couple of pieces but she did not use enough cheese for me to do this.  I was too tired from painting to even consider making anything else. 
Sunday: Rosemary White Bean Soup (E)
Monday: Hamburger with fixins, white french fries & sweet tater fries (E)
Tuesday: Beans Rice & Cornmbread (E)
Wednesday: Ham, Augratin Potatoes & Cauliflower, peas, butter rolls (S)
Thursday: Trim Healthy Mama Chile Relleno, homemade fat free refried beans, Mexican rice
Friday: pulled pork tacos, refritos & Mexican rice (S)
Rosemary White Bean Soup
credit: The Prudent Homemaker.... Rosemary White Bean Soup
Saturday: Paula Deen Cheeseburger meatloaf, mashed taters & cauliflower (S)
Sunday 4 Bean Soup and homemade bread
Monday: Peanut Crusted Chicken (from Trim Healthy Mama), salad, brown rice (S)
Tuesday: Beans, Rice & Cornbread (E)
Wednesday: Trim Healthy Mama Hamburger Casserole, peas, potatoes & Cauliflower (S)
Thursday Oven fried Chicken, mashed taters & cauliflower(S), salad, butter dipped rolls
Friday Bean & Cheese Burritos & Mexican Rice (E)

I tend to eat S all day long so it's easier for me to switch gears at night and get some less expensive e-meals into the mix!

My Trim Healthy Tip...If you make potatoes for the kiddos you can easily substitute Cauliflower for the potatoes without much effort for you & the hubby. 


For more menus check out Org Junkies Menu Plan Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your encouraging words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...