Sunday, August 25, 2013

Trim Helathy Mama Recipe & Menu

mpm chalkboard


We have Homeschool Co-op bi-weekly and I try to make something yummy to take with me so I won't be tempted and found in the corner of the room shoving a couple of PB&J's down my gullet. For the next couple of times I'll be taking this very tasty soup with me.

Low Carb Taco Soup
    1 # ground beef
    1/2 c onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 T cumin
    1 t chili powder
    2 10 oz cans Rotel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
    2 cans beef broth 
    1/2 c heavy cream
    8 oz cream cheese, cubed
    salt, to taste
Directions
In a large soup pot, brown the beef with the onion and garlic; drain. Add spices and cook a couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes, broth and cream. Bring to a rolling boil and gradually add the cream cheese, stirring until completely melted and smooth. Season with salt to taste. Makes 8 1-cup servings.

Number of Servings: 8

recipie credit - http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=179572

One thing I tend to do is adjust the meals we are making for the parentals (THM) and the kiddos who do a modified version of THM as my children have extremely high metabolisms like their Dad. Additionally, I add additional THM menu items for some of our regular foods such as cornbread each week.

Monday: Lemon Chicken, mashed cauliflower (mashed taters for the kids) & squash(S)
Tuesday: Beans, Rice & Cornbread (no cornbread for me :) ) (E)
Wednesday: Cabbage beef stir-fry with brown rice (E with rice or S without rice)
Thursday: Meatball whole wheat Sandwiches/Meatballs with sauce (for Mom), fruit salad
Friday: Bean & Cheese tostadas/tacos(with (Joesph's) , brown mexican rice & corn (I'll skip) (E)
Saturday:Chicken Stir Fry with rice (E)
Sunday: BBQ Bean Soup (E)

Total Weight Loss 3 weeks 8 lbs...next week I am going to start adding in more fuel pulls because I have been stuck at this weight for a week.

For more meal plans you can go the OrgJunkies menu plan Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your encouraging words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...